An improved next generation endoluminal access tube that offers several advantages over current gastrostomy and cecostomy access tubes. The access tube can also be configured for placement in a bladder or to drain fluid from an abscess.
- An improved endoluminal access tube. The tube length is customizable after insertion into the lumen and is then secured externally with an adjustable retention clamp.
- Ensures the proper fit for every patient every time
- Streamlines inventory
- Tube design allows initial placement directly through the body wall, or via the esophagus, providing flexibility in choosing the most desirable route for placement
- Innovative low profile internal retention device with deployable arms covered by a protective membrane offers many improvements over current retention mechanisms
- Decreases luminal obstruction
- Minimizes injury to the tract during deployment and internal wall while deployed
- Reduces leakage along the tract
- Eliminates risk of retention balloon leak leading to dislodgement
- Permits easy removal of the access tube
Owner: Children's Mercy Hospital
IP Protection Status: Pending Patent